Lavender essential oil is very beneficial in giving you a deeply relaxing effect and known to decrease the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that makes you hold on to take the extra weight. In addition, its calming properties are extremely conducive to meditation.
How to use:
- You can dab a few drops of lavender essential oil on a clean scarf and wear it while meditating.
- Another option, you can also pour a few drops of this essential oil in a hot bath.
- Or, put a little of this oil on your pillow to get a deep, peaceful sleep.
Grapefruit essential oil helps prevent bloating, water retention and help dissolve fat. It has been also shown to help with overeating, cellulite, weight loss, toning, stress, and uplifting the thoughts and mind. Grapefruit is considered as one of the great essential oils for weight loss because of the d-limonene found in grapefruit. This oil will help release the fatty acids that are in bloodstream where your body breaks them down & uses them for energy.
How to use:
- Drink a glass of water with a few drops of grapefruit essential oil first thing in the morning to help flush out toxins.
- Add some drops to any carrier oil such as olive oil and massage the skin area where fat accumulates about 30 minutes. Wash this oil off with water.
- Add five drops of grapefruit essential oil into a warm bath
- Combine with five drops of ginger, five drops of sandalwood, five drops of lemon oil, and five drops of orange for a cellulite reducing bath. Make sure that you disperse oils with hands well & soak for 30 minutes approximately.
Fennel essential oil. Some benefits of fennel essential oil are to induce better sleep, suppress appetite, prevent weight gain, and improve digestion.
Fennel essential oils are comprised of melatonin, a hormone that helps to regulate the circadian rhythms. This will also regulate the sleep-wake cycles. Having a better sleep at night has proven to be very effective in both weight maintenance and overall mood and energy. Also, melatonin has shown to help to help your body in burning fat quickly, instead of storing it.
How to use:
- Add a few drops into a bath filled with warm water and take a bath.
- You can also add some drops to coconut oil or olive oil and then massage it on the area where fat accumulates for about 30 minutes. Finally, rinse off this oil with clean water.
Frankincense essential oil is considered as one of the best essential oils for weight loss because it contains deeply calming effects. These effects help to reduce the depression and anxiety that can result in overeating or continual snacking.
In addition, frankincense has always been known as a tonic because it is very beneficial for all the systems which operate in your body, including the respiratory, digestive, excretory, and nervous systems. It also helps to absorb various essential nutrients and strengthen your immune system.
Apart from speeding up the metabolism and the secretion of bile, gastric juices, and acids, frankincense oil also stimulates the peristaltic motion to help food to move correctly through your intestines. Therefore, this will lead to less stored fat as well as bacterial toxins.
How to use:
- Add some drops to other types of carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil and massage into the soles of your feet, or onto any area on your body that is painful or aching.
- Diffuse throughout the home or adding a dab to your shirt collar, or massage behind the ears.
- Menstrual Discomfort Blend: Massage 2 drops Sandalwood and 2 drops Frankincense over the abdomen and lower back to ease discomfort. (Dilute as needed.)
Lemon oil has a detoxifying effect on the body, and it helps increase physical energy levels as well as address intestinal parasites & a wide range of digestive ailments. In addition, this oil can help your body get rid of toxins that are otherwise stored into fat cells. Like grapefruit oil, this oil also contains d-limonene & a wide range of vitamins and minerals including vitamin C. Using lemon essential oil can balance your metabolism and for those who are having difficulty managing portion control it can help control appetite.
How to use:
- Add some drops to a cotton ball then slowly breathe in the vapors before you have a meal to reduce appetite and avoid overeating.
- Add some drops into a carrier oil and massage the affected area where cellulite or fat accumulates. This may help the body eliminate toxins & waste materials that are stored in fat cells.
- Add one or two drops into your morning water in order to help the body kick start digestion as well as eliminate more toxins.
Please Note: Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker. Make sure to purchase high quality essential oils for internal use.